Prof. Dr. Quazi Deen Mohammad is a Professor of Neurology and now a Principal at Dhaka Medical College. He is a Neurology & Medicine Specialist doctor in Dhaka, Bangladesh. His qualification is MBBS, MD (Neurology), FCPS (Medicine), Fellow in Neurology (USA). He is a Director & Professor in the Department of Neurology at the National Institute of Neurosciences & Hospital. He regularly provides treatment to his patients at SPRC & Neurology Hospital.
Prof. Dr. Quazi Deen Mohammad Chamber & Appointment:
First Consulting Hospital Name And Details :
Address: 135, New Eskaton Road, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
Call For Serial: New Patient – 01765660811 | 12 PM to 01 PM
Old Patient – 01968985870 | 10 AM to 12 PM
Consulting Hours: 4 pm-8 pm
Closed: Thursday, Friday, and all governments holiday.
Second Consulting Hospital Name And Details :
Address: Sher-E-Bangla Nagar, Agargaon, Dhaka-1207.
Phone: +88 02 9140752, +88 02-9112709; +88 02-9137305; +88 02-9145908
Early Life and Education of Prof. Dr. Quazi Deen Mohammad
Prof. Quazi Deen Mohammad was born in Luxmipur, Faridpur. He has completed his S.S.C from Faridpur Zilla School in 1969, HSC from Faridpur Rajendra College in 1972, with distinction in both, and MBBS from Dhaka Medical College in 1978. He got FCPS from Bangladesh College of Physician & Surgeons (BCPS) in 1983 and honorary FCPS from Pakistan in 2004. He got Fellowship in Neurology from the University of Wisconsin, USA in 1989, and MD (Neurology) from the Institute of Post Graduate Medicine & Research under Dhaka University in 1994.
Prof. Dr. Quazi Deen Mohammad was the Guest Lecturer at Bangladesh University of Science & Technology and Dhaka Medical College, Dhaka. He served as President of Bangladesh society for the study of pain and Senior Vice-President of Bangladesh College of Physicians & Surgeons. He is one of the authors of ‘Epilepsy- Beliefs & misbelieves – WHO Bulletin’ and wrote many articles in national & international journals.
- Chairman, Neurology Research Centre, NINS
- Adviser, Neurology Asia-Malaysia
- PI- Community Survey Epilepsy – Bangladesh
- PI- Community Survey Stroke – Bangladesh
- PI- Community Survey Dementia- Bangladesh
- Published 186 research article at home & abroad
- Published 41 research article in Peer review Journal abroad
- PI- In just completed Phase I Annexon 005 Clinical trial (C1q suppressor in GBS) in Bangladesh
- PI- Phase Ib Annexon 005 Clinical trial (C1q suppressor in GBS) on going
- Senior contributor in different collaborative study between NINS and Erasmus MC (Netherland), CDC Atlanta (USA) Annexon (USA) and ICDDR,B
- Senior contributor in the collaborative study between NINS and Citran (University of Sheffield UK) on Neurodegenerative disease particularly motor Neuron disease and Parkinson’s disease.
- Principal Investigator “study of prevalence of Stroke in Bangladesh”.
- Principal Investigator “study of prevalence of Epilepsy in Bangladesh”.
- Principal Investigator “study of prevalence of Dementia in Bangladesh”.
Awards and Honours:
- Best teacher award
- Best Neurologist award
- Prof Ibrahim memorial gold medal
- Honorary FCPS from CPSP
- Interclass Football Champion award
Afterwards he joined as Founder Director of National Institute of Neurosciences & Hospital (NINS&H). He is the current President of BCPS.
- Journal of Neuroscience and Neurological Disorders- Netherlands.
- Hindawi Publication, UK
- Horizon Research Publishing, USA
- Neurology Asia
- Assistant Professor Neurology in IPGMR – 1984
- Associate Professor Neurology in IPGMR – 1991
- Professor of Neurology in DMC – 1996
- Principal, Dhaka Medical College -2004 to 2012
- Founder Director, NINS – From 2012 to till now
- Councilor, BCPS since 1999
- President, BCPS- 2019-2021
Few Past assignments:
- Controller of Exam, BCPS
- Senior Vice President, BCPS
- Ex-Managing Editor, Journal of IPGMR
- Ex Managing Editor, Journal of Neuroscience
- Ex President, Society of Neurologists of Bangladesh
- Ex President, Association of Physician of Bangladesh (APB)
Finally, we confirm you Prof. Dr. Quazi Deen Mohammed is the best Neurology & Medicine Specialist doctor in Dhaka, Bangladesh.